1 Dewolf Rd Suite 207
Today: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
American Express, Discover, Personal Checks, Cash, Mastercard, Visa
TOMORROW'S ENDODONTICS TODAY.
Due to major advances in Endodontics and dental anesthesia, pain and anxiety do not have to be a part of your experience. Use of a topical anesthetic on the gums combined with a “novocaine-type” anesthetic injection is all that is needed to keep most patients comfortable. In cases of hyper-inflamed teeth, different types and techniques of anesthetic are available to insure profound numbness of the involved teeth. If necessary we can also prescribe nitrous oxide, which is laughing gas, as an oral pre-medication. With the help of these tools and our office’s calm and relaxing environment, we will try our best to ensure that your visit with us will be an enjoyable one.
Endodontics is the branch of dentistry dedicated to alleviating pain caused by the inflammation or the infection of the pulp, which is within the root canal of a tooth.
As new technological advances are made, we will strive to implement those that help us provide the highest standard of endodontic treatment.
Two such advances that we use are:
OPERATING MICROSCOPE: Offering increased magnification and illumination, the operating microscope allows us to see even the most minuscule part of the affected area.
DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHY: This new technology reduces radiation exposure to the patient by approximately 90%. Also, instead of being “chemically developed” the image can immediately be displayed on a computer screen, allowing both the doctor and the patient to track the progress of the procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· First, we bring you into the treatment room, where we take digital X-rays. Although you may have brought film from your referring dentist, we must take radiographs at several different angles to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment.
· The doctor will review the digital X-rays, examine the area, and discuss with you the diagnosis and treatment options.
· If you decide to proceed with the treatment at that time, the doctor will administer anesthetic to numb the area.
· A protective shield is the placed around the affected tooth to keep it clean and dry.
· A small opening is made through the surface of the tooth into the pulp chamber, where the diseased pulp is removed and the root canal(s) is cleaned and disinfected.
· After the root canal(s) is cleaned, disinfected and dried, the endodontist fills the canal(s) with a biocompatible rubber-like material called “gutta-percha.” This material is placed with an adhesive cement to ensure complete sealing of the root canal(s). In most cases, a temporary filling is placed to close the small opening. This temporary filling will be removed by your dentist before the tooth is restored.
· It is critical for you to return to your general dentist for final restoration of the tooth.
· With proper restoration and maintenance care-as long as the roots are properly nourished by surrounding tissue- your tooth will remain healthy.
· One year after completion of you endodontic treatment, we will send you a reminder card to schedule an appointment for an X-ray and exam to check that the affected area has healed completely. There is no fee for this follow-up visit.
INVESTING IN YOUR TEETH AND YOUR HEALTH………
Fees for endodontic procedures are based on the time and extent of treatment required. Payment may be made with cash, personal check, or major credit cards.
We simply refuse to compromise any patient’s dental health for the sake of an insurer. As a courtesy to you, we will make every effort to help you receive maximum allowable benefits and timely reimbursement from your insurance, by submitting the claim and paperwork for you.
A WORD ABOUT OUR STAFF
Staff competence is a must at Apex Endodontics. For this reason, we provide continuing education and in-service training. The results are highly-trained, dedicated professionals here to do their best for the patient.
FOR YOUR SCHEDULING CONVENIENCE
By offering staggered hours, we hope to offer convenient times during the morning, lunch and evening. Please let us know what times are best for you and we will try to accommodate your schedule.
Mon 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tue 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Wed 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Thu 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Fri 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Products and ServicesCrowns