Tweeting and tocking and tooting away online can be fun, but is there truly any value to your local online presence for the time and effort?
Social media can indirectly help with local SEO by boosting your online presence and driving traffic to your website. When you're active on social media, you can engage with your audience, build relationships, and generate positive reviews, all of which can help establish a good reputation in your community.
Search engines like Google also pay attention to social signals like likes, shares, and comments, which can show that people are engaging with your brand. This can help boost your rankings in search results. Social media can also help generate backlinks to your website. When people share your content on social media, it can increase opportunitys to create links back to your site, which can increase your domain authority and improve your rankings.
While social media might not directly impact your local SEO, it can definitely play a role in building your online presence and helping your website show up higher in search results.
Here are some ways social media can positively impact your local SEO:
- Increased visibility: By creating and maintaining an active social media presence, you can reach more people in your local area, which can increase brand recognition and generate more leads.
- Social media profiles rank! Your social media profiles can also appear in search results when people search for your business name. By optimizing your profiles with up-to-date information, you can help ensure that people can find your business online. There is nothing better than dominating the search results for your brand.
- Brand engagement: Social media platforms offer an opportunity for businesses to engage with their audience, build relationships and generate positive reviews, which can help build a strong local reputation.
- Social signals: Although not a direct ranking factor, social signals such as likes, shares, and comments can indicate to search engines that people are engaging with your brand, which can positively impact your search engine rankings.
- Backlinks: Social media can also help build backlinks to your website, which are a key factor in SEO. When people share your content on social media, it can generate backlinks to your website, which can increase your domain authority and improve your search engine rankings.
In addition, social media advertising can help also help indirectly boost your business' local SEO.
- Local targeting: Social media advertising platforms like Facebook and Instagram offer location-based targeting options. These allow you to reach people in specific geographic areas. By using these targeting options, you can focus your social media efforts on people in your local area.
- Increased website traffic: When you advertise content from your website on social media, it can drive more traffic to your site.